Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lunch N' Learn Adobe Draw on iPad Through Keynote



Following copyright rules IS very important.  As a contributor to the world wide web, I have created and published over a thousand videos and written over a thousand blog posts.  I don't want people copying what I have spent time writing or creating and calling it their own.

In addition, students continue to create more and more as one example is that of students creating Spanish children's books.  Unfortunately, we can't share the books beyond our classroom walls, because we focused on the process and students used "any old image" from the web.  Of course, many are copyrighted by other creators.

At just the right time I caught a video from Tony Vincent at Learninginhand.com who demonstrated how he creates images using Adobe Draw on the iPad.  Personally, it was just the right tool I was looking for as I had wanted to create an image of myself for web purposes for a long time.  It might be hard to understand, but I'm not a GREAT artist.  It's not my strength!  The tutorial by Tony Vincent taught me how to create my own images.



It's with that information I created a number of images for use in a number of areas all of which can be found on www.clayreisler.com

Which brings me to the reason for the post.  I will be sharing the Adobe Draw app in our next Lunch N' Learn.



As a side note, I'm on a MacBook Air and am interested in learning and creating more with Keynote.  So many educators, including Sean Junkins, use Keynote to create many images.  My only hang up with Keynote was how to share it.  I'm so familiar with the sharing options for Google Slides that I could probably click all the right buttons with my eyes closed and get the presentations on my blog.  With a little research, I found that creating in Keynote and exporting the Keynote as a PPT to my Mac was the first step in getting it to Google.  The next step moved me to upload the PPT to Google Drive and, just like that, I had my Keynote sharable via Google Slides.  I was also able to insert Tony's YouTube video after the Keynote was in Google Slides.

Now, you know!

After introducing this to teachers, our United States History Team introduced this tool to their students for use in a current project, Civil Rights Memorials.  A student stopped by the library today, and I helped her with using both Adobe Draw (which she uploaded to her Google Drive) and Google Draw to make the items below.  Look at the smile on her face!


If you like this Adobe product, check out Adobe Slate for a presentation tool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...